- D. Meisenzahl (Director, Office of UH Communications and UH News and UH Spokesperson)
- B. Suyama (Associate Director, Office of UH Communications and UH News)
Working Team Members
Members of the committee represent a variety of students, faculty and staff. They are:
- ASUH invitation extended (awaiting a representative)
- Cheehyung Harrison Kim (Professor, Department of History)
- Theresa Kreif (Assistant to the Dean, MBT School of Social Work)
- Amrita Mallik (UH Mānoa Campus Climate program officer)
- D. Meisenzahl (Co-Lead, Director, Office of UH Communications and UH News and UH Spokesperson)
- Brennon Morioka (Dean, College of Engineering)
- Ann Sakuma (Director, Campus Resource and Service Center, Staff Senate)
- B. Suyama (Co-Lead, Associate Director, Office of UH Communications and UH News)
The committee is reviewing past communications and existing communication channels — UHNews.org, email, social media, news releases — and researching best practices to determine how to optimally provide updates to the campus community and receive feedback as we move forward together.
Areas Under Review
The specific areas under review include:
- Identification of most effective means of message delivery?
- Development of varied messages to ensure content and style of messages resonate with diverse audiences.
- Ensuring strategic message management and delivery (location, platform, type, time of day)
Research to Date:
- UH News COVID stories (244 COVID-19 tagged stories, a little more than half of all UH News stories March–June)
- UH Helps (109 COVID UH Helps tagged stories)
- UH Mānoa COVID-19 Resource web pages
- COVID-related emails: 81 (February–June, a few were the same message sent separately to different audiences)