Mānoa International Exchange (MIX) is pleased to announce that 3 MIX participants have been chosen…
New Scholarship for Kagoshima University Program!
Kagoshima University is proud to announce that their scholarship program known as “The Spirit of Enterprise Foundation Japanese Language and Culture Program” (SEF Japanese language program) applications are now open! The goal of this program is to develop human resources for regional civilization in the Kagoshima area of Japan, and to allow international students studying Japanese to improve upon their language skills and deepen their understanding of Japan and the Kagoshima area by interacting with the local community. Through this program you will take Japanese language classes, learn about the history, geography, and culture of Kagoshima, become involved in various events and exchange programs to teach others about your own culture, as well as send information about Kagoshima to a designated English website! This program provides one undergraduate student with a scholarship of 80,000 JPN yen/month for either a 5 month or 11 month term. You can also apply if you are currently on an exchange in Japan as well! The application deadline for this scholarship is April 25th, 2022, and the results will be announced in late May.
- Qualifications and conditions:
- GPA of 2.3 or above on a three-point scale.
- Enrolled for one year or more as an undergraduate student at UHM.
- Strong interest in Japanese language and culture (i.e. experience studying about Japan, its culture, literature, society, etc.).
- Enrolled in or have completed Japanese classes at UHM (desirable).
- Be highly motivated to actively engage with the local community in Kagoshima, learn about Kagoshima, and stay in touch with Kagoshima after completing the program.
- High motivation to participate and excel during the program.
- Participating students shall:
- Take Japanese classes according to their Japanese language ability.
- Take undergraduate level classes by permission from the professor in charge of the class.
- Learn about the history, geography, and culture of Kagoshima and deepen that knowledge through participation in field trips.
- Take part in various local events and exchange programs and give presentations about your home country and culture in Japanese.
- Send information about Kagoshima through a designated website in English.
If you have any questions or would like to apply to this program please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
For more information about studying abroad at this institution, please visit MIX’s partner overview page: https://manoa.hawaii.edu/mix/partner-universities/kagoshima-university/
And, as always, for more information on how to apply to MIX, please visit our How to Apply page: https://manoa.hawaii.edu/mix/outbound/apply/