Join us for a community celebration to honor the centennial, 1918-2018, of the Harold L. Lyon Arboretum. This will be a family celebration, free and open to the public with live music, food trucks, hula performances, arts & crafts, games, exhibits, professional tree climbing demonstrations and free tours of the gardens. Come and enjoy the hidden jewel that is arboretum nestled in back of Manoa Valley!
Date: Saturday, August 4th 2018
Cost: FREE and open to the public! Families welcomed!
Parking: There will be no on-site parking available at the Arboretum. Event parking will be in the upper back lot of the old Treetops Restaurant on Manoa Road. Individuals will then be directed to walk up the access road to the Arboretum (a shuttle service will be available between the parking lot and the event area for kupuna and those needing assistance). Additional parking will be available in the residential area along Manoa Road.
- Food Trucks – ‘Ono grinds from Flyin’ Ahi, Da Spot, Serg’s and more!
- Craft Booths – Featuring locally made jewelry, driftwood art, crocheted items, hand-carved wood and stone crafts, landscape art, etc..
- Education Booths – Oahu Invasive Species Committee, Kupu, Friends of Lyon Arboretum, and Forest Bathing
- Live entertainment – Featuring performances from Ooklah the Moc, H20, Halau Hula Ka Lehua Tuahine, Nā Pualei O Likolehua, Te Vevo Tahiti No Mānoa, and Kali & Kuki Navales of Kumuola
- Children’s Activities – Featuring kid’s nature photobooth, bouncy house, Hawaiian games, and more!
- Silent Auction – Place your bids for a variety of crafts and gift certificates from local businesses, and help support the Arboretum too!
- Tree Climbing Jamboree – Watch demonstrations of our Arborists climbing trees, and try it out yourself! Children are welcome too!
- Free Guided Tours of the Arboretum – Docent-led tours of our gardens offered throughout the day from 9:30am-3:30pm
- Lyon Plant Sale Booth – An assortment of plants big and small, grown in our Greenhouse will be available for sale
Questions: For more information, contact event organizer and Lyon Arboretum Grounds Department Manager, Liloa Dunn at (808)988-0466 or email@example.com OR Lyon Arboretum Director Rakan Zahawi at (808)988-0457 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in volunteering for the Hoolaulea? Receive free lunch, meets tons of people, and see all the action while giving back to the community and the Lyon Arboretum. CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP AS A VOLUNTEER!