Advisory Regarding Schools and Organized Groups with MinorsAny school or organized group that intends to bring minors to Lyon Arboretum MUST COORDINATE their visit through the Lyon Education Office. This is to ensure proper safety and etiquette protocols are followed, group information and forms are gathered, and logistics have been cleared. Please contact the Lyon Aboretum Education Office at (808) 988-0461 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty from the University of Hawaii at Manoa:
As a unit of the University of Hawaii at Mānoa, Lyon Arboretum welcomes & encourages UHM Faculty and Instructors to take advantage of the many resources our grounds & collections provide. The Arboretum is an excellent resource tool for hands on learning. Below are a few of the UHM Colleges, Departments and Classes that have incorporated a trip to Lyon Arboretum into their courses:
School of Architecture, College of Education, Hawai`inuiakea School of Hawaiian Knowledge, John Burns School of Medicine, Zoology, Botany, Ecology, Ethnobotany, Biology, Geology, Outreach College, Geography, Entomology, TIM, TPSS, College of Social Sciences, CTAHR, UHM Academy for Creative Media, Museum Studies, Anthropology.
Faculty from Other University of Hawaii Campuses:
We also welcome faculty from other University of Hawaii campuses to explore how the Arboretum can be of use to your students.
Typically, most university-level class visits are led by the course instructor (Self-guided). An Education Staff member may be available to guide the class depending on staff availability and tour objectives.
– For classes from the University of Hawaii at Manoa and all UH-system schools (Kapiolani CC, Windward CC, etc): FREE
– For all other colleges and universities: Self-Guided Tour: $3 per person. Tour led by Education Staff: $5 per person ($125 flat rate for under 25 individuals).
There are two restrooms located in the Visitor’s Center. Classroom space is typically not available unless the tour is led by Education Staff. Please inquire for details.
For further information, or to book your tour please contact the Lyon Arboretum Education Office at (808) 988-0461 or email us at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- School Name, Course Title and Number, # of students:
- Contact Name, email, and school #, cellphone # (for emergency use only):
- Potential date and time of visit:
- Whether you are interested in doing a self-guided tour or a tour led by Lyon Education Staff
- Type of activities planned (ex: vegetation survey, general botanical tour):