- This event has passed.
Summer 2018 Childrens’ Nature Camp
June 12, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 2:30 pm
An event every day that begins at 8:30 am, repeating until June 15, 2018
Summer 2018 Childrens’ Nature Camp – With Lyon Education Staff
What: The Lyon Arboretum’s Education Department would like to invite your children to join us for one or both weeks of our two week summer camp, learning, exploring, and creating in the Mānoa rainforest! For our Summer program, we will be focusing on ART AND SCIENCE and will incorporate an array of activities including, but not limited to environmental science experiments, nature-based art and craft projects, a special keiki cooking class (on 6/6), hiking throughout our gardens and forests, and gardening in our Children’s Garden.
We hope that the experiences your child has at our Nature Camp helps to foster a positive relationship with the environment and each other, and the idea that each of us can explore, learn in and enjoy nature — while also being good stewards of its natural resources. It promises to be a week of fun-filled learning and adventure that your child will always remember!
When: This summer we will be offering two weeks of camp. Each week will be unique, and children can sign up to attend one or both weeks.
- Week One: June 4th – 8th , 2018 (Monday-Friday, five days of camp) from 8:30am*—2:30pm.
- Week Two: June 12th – 15th , 2018 (Tuesday-Friday, four days of camp) from 8:30am*—2:30pm.
*Children may be dropped off no earlier than 8:00am each morning
Who: This year’s Summer camp is open to children that will be entering grades K-7, who can meet the following criteria:
- Able to participate in and enjoy physical, outdoor activities (such as hiking or gardening) for up to two hours at a time in potential sun, rain, mud or mosquitoes
- Able to take listen and take direction and guidance from Lyon Arboretum’s professional Education Staff
- Able to communicate and work together in a safe, positive manner with up to 19 other children of varying ages and backgrounds
- Week One: $250 (Monday-Friday, five days of camp).
- Week Two: $200 (Tuesday-Friday, four days of camp).
- BOTH Weeks: $450
- No partial payments or discounts.
Registration Deadline: Deadline to register your child(ren) for summer camp is May 29th, 2018. Spaces are limited so call to reserve your spot today!
How to Register:
- Call the Business Office at 988-0456 no later than May 29th, 2018 to reserve your spot and make your payment.
- Then, complete and email the Children’s Registration Form (click to open) to email@example.com also by June 29th. Your registration will not be complete until your child’s form is received.
- We will be sending out an informational letter a few days prior to the start of camp, which will include drop off/pickup information, a camp packing list, tax information, and other details. If you don’t receive it prior to camp, please contact us.
Questions?: Call or email the Education Department at 988-0461 or firstname.lastname@example.org .