- This event has passed.
Spring 2019 Nature Camp
March 18 @ 8:30 am - March 22 @ 2:00 pm
Spring 2019 Children’s Nature Camp – with Lyon Arboretum Education Staff!
What: The Lyon Arboretum Education Department would like to invite your children to join us for our spring camp to learn, explore, and create in the Mānoa rainforest! Our spring camp theme is “Rainforest Adventures,” and we will incorporate an array of activities including, but not limited to, nature-based art and craft projects, hiking throughout our gardens and forests, and gardening in our Children’s Garden.
We hope that the experiences your child has at our Nature Camp help to foster a positive relationship with the environment and each other, and the idea that each of us can explore, learn in and enjoy nature — while also being good stewards of its natural resources. It promises to be a week of fun-filled learning and adventure that your child will always remember!
When: March 18-22, 2019 (Monday-Friday) from 8:30am*—2:30pm.
*Children may be dropped off no earlier than 8:00am each morning
Who: This year’s camp is open to children in grades K-6, who can meet the following criteria:
- Able to participate in and enjoy physical, outdoor activities (such as hiking or gardening) for up to two hours at a time in potential sun, rain, mud or mosquitoes.
- Able to take listen and take direction and guidance from Lyon Arboretum’s professional Education Staff.
- Able to communicate and work together in a safe, positive manner with up to 19 other children of varying ages and backgrounds.
Cost $250. No partial payments or discounts.
Registration Deadline: Deadline to register your child(ren) for summer camp is March 15, 2019. Spaces are limited so call to reserve your spot today!
How to Register:
- Call the Business Office at 988-0456 no later than March 15, 2019 to reserve your spot and make your payment.
- Then, complete and email the Children’s Registration Form (click to open) to email@example.com also by March 12. Your registration will not be complete until your child’s form is received.
- We will be sending out an informational letter a few days prior to the start of camp, which will include drop off/pickup information, a camp packing list, tax information, and other details. If you don’t receive it prior to camp, please contact us.
Questions?: Call or email the Education Department at 988-0461 or firstname.lastname@example.org.