- For Students
- For Faculty
- News & Events
- News & Events
- Current Courses
- LAIS Certificate
- AGC in SLS/Spanish Applied Linguistics
- Language Immersion Programs
- Contact Us
If you are a student in SPAN 101 or SPAN 102 and you cannot come to your teacher’s office hours, you can come to another teacher for help. We will soon post the dates and times. Please, bring your book/ notebook/ workbook with you and come prepare to ask concrete questions. These office hours ARE NOT a substitute for attending class. Note that if you are seeking assistance for a composition for your class, you need to see the instructor teaching your class.
SPRING 2018 Tutoring Hours – COMING SOON!!
Sigma Delta Pi -Theta Tau Chapter
National Student Exchange Program
The NSE program provides an excellent opportunity for full-time undergraduate students enrolled at any of the 190 participating campuses across the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, to access a diverse education through an academic exchange to another participating campus. Visit their website
Spanish speakers in Hawai‘i
- Centro Hispano de Hawai‘i
- Hawai‘i Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Spanish searching tools
On-line teaching/learning materials
- Virtual classroom from Instituto Cervantes. Exercises, puzzles, interesting actrivities.
- Spanish language page. Several tools for teachers.
- Links to interactive exercises
- “El rincón del profe” presents several activities and the possibility of chatting with other language teachers.
- The class needs to be registered. It provides tools to create puzzles, quizzes, exercises,…
- Hotpotates is a tool to create exercises and on-line quizzes
- 3D interactive exercise to practice directions.
- For Spanish literature students, interactive exercises to practice poetry criticism.
- Spanish Language and Culture by Barbara Kuczun Nelson. Interactive exercises. Grammar exercises based on cultural texts, songs, … Includes pictures, audio, and interactive exercises. http://www.colby.edu/~bknelson/SLC/index.php
- Ejercicios multimedia. A variety of exercises. Audio, songs, video. Includes many commercials and cultural videos developed into good interactional exercises.
- Prensalatina provee enlaces a periódicos y revistas en español y de otros países del mundo, todos disponibles en internet.
- Lisa Johnson’s page at Sweet Briar College which includes links to live internet radio transmission all over the Spanish speaking world.
Student Conduct Code
The purposes of the University of Hawaiʻi are to give thorough instruction, conduct research and disseminate knowledge in and of branches of advanced learning as prescribed by its Board of Regents. The University is committed to ensuring a safe, civil, learning and working environment in which the dignity of every individual is respected. All members of the University community-students, faculty and staff – share responsibility for its growth and continued welfare.
Choosing to join the University community obligates each student to abide by this code of conduct. By enrolling in the University, students accept the responsibility to become fully acquainted with the University’s regulations and to comply with the University’s authority. The University expects students to maintain standards of personal integrity that are in harmony with the educational goals of the institution; to respect the rights, privileges, and property of others; and to observe national, state, and local laws and University regulations. Read more…