BA in Russian – not accepting new students starting Fall 2020
- Student Learning Outcomes on RUSSIAN@UH Youtube Channel. Here you can see end of semester video projects students of Russian do for their classes.
- Russian BA Requirements
33 credit hours above 101 – 202 level, including
- Eight courses from any of the following: RUS 209; RUS 303, 304, 306, 311, 312; RUS 403, 404, 418, 419 (Other Russian courses numbered above 419 may be substituted for some of these courses)
- Three courses from any of the following: LLEA 350, 351, 352, 353, 354, 355
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 in courses counted toward the major is required. At least half of the credits required for the major must be taken at UH Manoa.
- Undergraduate Certificate in Russian Language, Literature, Culture in addition to a regular major. 15 credits
- RUS 201-202 (or 6 credits RUS 260 overseas) (double dip with HSL)
- RUS 300+ (up to 15 credits) (RUS 209 may be counted)
- Option: (3 credits) 1 LLEA/Russian class may be substituted for 1 Russian class
- LLEA 350, 352, 354, 355 (double dip with WI)
- LLEA 351 (double dip with O)
- LLEA 353 (double dip with E)
- all five courses must be taken with a letter grade, minimum GPA of 2.5 required
- Scholarship Help for Students of Russian. Persons pursuing a BA in Russian, a Certificate in Russian or a Certificate in Russian Area Studies are eligible to apply for Ella Lury Wiswell and Frederick Wiswell scholarships and grants. For more information contact Professor Anastasia Kostetskaya, Department of Languages and Literatures of Europe and the Americas, 457 Moore Hall, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Petition for Back Credits. All students (including native speakers of a language) with experience in another language other than English may earn “back credits.” These students may take any UHM course, appropriate to their level, in which there is significant use of that language. (Appropriate level determined by placement exam or adviser; significant use determined by the course content.) Upon completion of this course* with a letter grade of C (not C-) or better, may petition between 3-16 back credits. Please note that a “W” grade received for university language courses will make you ineligible for back credits when taking subsequent courses. For more information please visit UH Manoa General Education Policy on Second Language Back Credits (pdf).*Only first instance of a course. Petition Form – form-fillable (complete online, print and bring to Moore Hall 464).