- For Students
- For Faculty
- News & Events
- News & Events
- Current Courses
- LAIS Certificate
- AGC in SLS/Spanish Applied Linguistics
- Language Immersion Programs
- Contact Us
Chelsea A.M. Gardner
1890 East-West Rd.
Moore Hall 496
Honolulu, HI 96822
- BA, Hons., McMaster University
- MA, PhD, University of British Columbia
- Mediterranean Archaeology, Digital Humanities, Survey Archaeology, Women in the Ancient World, Creative Pedagogy
- Click here for Prof. Gardner’s CV
Current Research and Professional Projects
- From Stone to Screen (Founder and Co-Director)
- Women in Antiquity
- The CART-ography Project (Anna C. and Oliver C. Colburn Fellow)
- Wiki Scholar in Collaboration with the National Archives and History of Women’s Suffrage
- “A Re-examination of IG V 1, 1286”, ZPE (forthcoming).
- “Looks Like We Made It: But Are We Sustaining Digital Scholarship?” (with L. Tweten, G. McIntyre, and K. Solberg) in Making Things and Drawing Boundaries: Experiments in the Digital Humanities (Debates in Digital Humanities Series, Vol. II) edited by J. Sayers. University of Minnesota Press. 95-101. 2018.
- “P.BRIT.COL. INV. 1 and Invitations to Sarapis Dinners.” (with C.W. Marshall and M. Nelson) Zeitschrift für Papyrologie und Epigraphik 205. 207-212. 2018.
- “From Stone To Screen: Copying Cuneiform in the Digital Age” (with N. Kraus and L. Tweten). In Implementing Meanings: the Power of the Copy Between Past, Present and Future. An Overview from the Ancient Near East (Altertumskunde des Vorderen Orients Band 19), edited by S. DiPaolo. Ugarit-Verlag. 181-194. 2018.
- “Euboean Towers and Aegean Powers: Insights into the Karystia’s Role in the Ancient World” (with R.M. Seifried). Journal of Greek Archaeology 1. 149–176.
- “From Stone to Screen: Digital Revitalization of Ancient Epigraphy” (with G. McIntyre and L. Tweten). Digital Humanities Quarterly. 2016. http://www.digitalhumanities.org/dhq/vol/10/1/000236/000236.html
- “An examination of a remarkable white-ground lekythos from the University of British Columbia’s Museum of Anthropology” Mouseion, Series III, Vol. 12. 143–154. 2012.