ILL Lending to Other Libraries
Information for Other Libraries
The ILL section provides loans and document delivery from our library collections to other libraries. We accept requests via OCLC (HUH) or Docline (HIUHAU). We will also accept requests through our ILLiad Lending web pages.
To request an ILLiad Lending account, please send an email with the following information to email@example.com
- Institution Name
- Postal Address
- Phone Number
- Contact Person
- Email Address
- OCLC or Docline symbol, if applicable
A username and password will then be emailed to you. After registering, please log into the UHM Lending Web to place and check on your requests.
Our library holdings can be found on our OneSearch library catalog, OCLC WorldCat or Docline. Note: We do not generally loan physical items for:Journals/Newspapers (entire volume/issue), Microforms, Theses and Dissertations (sole copies), Archival and Special collections, Maps, Reference materials, Items on Course Reserve, Audiovisuals, Materials with short loan period, and Materials in fragile condition.
- ILL Basic Fees: OCLC/ILLiad Copies: $25 for the first 20 pages plus 50¢ per page thereafter; OCLC/ILLiad Loans: $25 plus shipping charges (loans are only provided to libraries, not individuals); Docline: $11.00 per request ($5.00 for Hawaiʻi libraries); Reciprocal agreements with GWLA, IDS, and Univ. of Hawaiʻi System libraries
- Turn Around: Within 3 – 5 business days; Longer for special collection or unusual requests
- No rush service available
- Payment Accepted by: OCLC IFM, Docline EFTS, Credit Card, Check drawn on a U.S. bank, IFLA vouchers (international libraries)
- Copies delivered by: Odyssey, Article Exchange, Email, University File Drop Service
- Loans shipped: Domestically by U.S. Mail/FedEx 2-Day Priority; Internationally by FedEx, whenever possible; CDLL selectively applied
- Loan Period: 16 weeks (varies for special collection items)
- Returns/Recalls: Please return in a box via Priority Mail, UPS, FedEx, Air Mail, etc. Please do not return by library/book rate nor surface mail as it takes several months to reach us
Per the National Interlibrary Loan Code the requesting library assumes responsibility for borrowed material from the time it leaves the supplying library until it has been returned to and received by the supplying library. This includes all material shipped directly to and/or returned by the user. If damage or loss occurs, the borrowing (requesting) library will provide compensation or replacement, in accordance with the preference of the supplying library. Repair or replacement costs are determined by a subject/area librarian, plus a $10 service fee.
Return Shipping Address:
University of Hawaii at Manoa
Hamilton Library, ILL Office
McCarthy Mall, Room 101
Honolulu, HI 96822
United States of America