Digital audio/visual resources of the UHM Japan Collection
- Great Kanto Earthquake Japan of 1923/関東大震災写真集 199 images of black & white footage still photos of the Great Kanto Earthquake.
- Images of Okinawa after WWII 250+ color slides taken in Okinawa after WWII
- James E. Haynes Photo Collection, 66 images taken between October 1946-August 1951 in Japan. The images are housed at CJS.
- Japanese Commercial Graphic Design 1920s Digital images of 50 commercial graphic designs published in 1928
- Magic Lantern Slides of the Nippon Rikkokai/日本力行会: Japanese Immigrants to Americas The collection features 179 black/white and hand-colored images of the lantern slides, which were created and provided by the Nippon Rikkokai Foundation/日本力行会.
- Magic Lantern Slides from Japan Collection 1,400+ lantern slides from the Takie Okumura Collection and B/W KBS educational lantern slides.
- Oral History of Japanese Studies Scholars 1960s-1980s >>>On site access only<<< Required Advanced appointment List of the interviewees: 180+ Japanese scholars were interviewed by Dr. George Akita, Professor Emeritus of the UHM History Department.
- Treasures from the UHM Library 19 images from the UHM Japan Collection featured in the Exhibit
- Walter Pennino Photo Collection Photos taken during the occupation of Japan. The site resides at CJS. The original photos are housed at the UHM Japan Collection of the Asia Collection Department.