Related Resources - Bibliographies
The bibliographies listed below are located in Hamilton Library at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa. Please consult the UH Library’s online catalog for additional information.
- Ichioka, Yugi, et al. A Buried Past: An Annotated Bibliography of the Japanese American Research Project Collection. Berkeley, University of California Press, 1974.
- Ichioka, Yuki and Eiichiro Azuma. A Buried Past II: A Sequel to the Annotated Bibliography of the Japanese American Research Project Collection. Los Angeles: Asian American Studies Center, University of California at Los Angeles, 1999.
- “JA Vets – A Selected Bibliography.” The Hawaiʻi Herald, vol. 11 no. 10 (18 May 1990): 75-77.
- The Japanese in Hawaiʻi: A Bibliography of Publications, Audiovisual Media, and Archival Collections: Supplementing the Bibliography, “The Japanese in Hawaiʻi” by Mitsugu Matsuda and Revised by Dennis Ogawa. Honolulu: J. Hori, 1988.
- Kurokawa, Tomoyoshi. Building Library Collection on “Japanese Americans in Hawaiʻi.” 1978.
- Kurokawa, Tomoyoshi. Japanese Americans in Hawaiʻi: A Selective, Annotated Bibliography. 1977.
- Matsuda, Mitsugu. The Japanese in Hawaiʻi, 1868-1967: A Bibliography of the First Hundred Years. Honolulu: Social Science Research Institute, University of Hawaiʻi, 1968.
- Matsuda, Mitsugu. The Japanese in Hawaiʻi: An Annotated Bibliography of Japanese Americans. Rev. by Dennis M. Ogawa with Jerry Y. Fujioka. Honolulu: Social Sciences and Linguistics Institute, University of Hawaiʻi, 1975.
- Okamura, Jonathan Y. “Japanese Americans in Hawaiʻi: Bibliography for 1988-2001.” Social Processes in Hawaiʻi 41 (2002): 147-170.
- Palomino, Harue. The Japanese and the Japanese Americans: A Critical Bibliography. Daly City, CA: Association of Children’s Librarians of Northern California, 1976.
- Sakata, Yasuo. Fading Footsteps of the Issei: An Annotated Checklist of the Manuscript Holdings of the Japanese American Research Project Collection. Los Angeles: Asian American Studies Center, University of California at Los Angeles, 1992.
- Sonomura, Ruby. Selected Bibliography of Japanese Immigration to Hawaiʻi for the ʻAiea High School Library. 1978.