Hamilton Library Loan Service
Hamilton Library would like to remind patrons that the InterLibrary Loan Service is currently limited due to COVID-19.
Due to current conditions:
- Most libraries around the world are still closed, not staffed and not lending physical books to other libraries.
- Libraries that are open are currently lending mainly from their digital collections, which can create additional limitations due to copyright.
- Many academic libraries are looking to the fall semester as the possible start date to loan from their collections and borrow loans for their patrons.
- Some countries have an embargo on their mail service to other nations.
Hamilton Library aims to return to “normal” InterLibrary Loan for fall semester. However, our ability to fill the requests for physical loans will depend on several factors:
- Finding libraries that are open, willing to hold the requested item and able to ship materials
- Staggered Hamilton Library staffing schedules due to COVID-19
Although we cannot currently borrow physical books and loans for you, we are still accepting and processing your InterLibrary Loan requests for journal articles and book chapters.
We thank you for your patience as we all navigate these new realities.