Hamilton Library and COVID-19 procedures
Dear UH Mānoa Students, Staff, and Faculty,
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, Hamilton Library is working to minimize risk for students and faculty while also protecting library staff. New operating procedures are beginning March 17, 2020. These measures are being put in place to observe social distancing recommendations and outbreak prevention steps recommended by the Hawaiʻi Department of Health and the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- If you are sick, do not enter the building.
- Only those with a UH ID card or East-West Center ID card will have access to Hamilton Library. The library will be temporarily closed to the public. Remote research and reference services to the public will continue.
- Per our usual access policies, please do not allow or bring anyone else into the building.
- Signage will be placed in all seating areas encouraging social distancing.
- If you need to borrow a physical book, please observe the signage at the circulation desk.
Research and Reference Assistance:
- In person reference is not available. Remote reference and research services will be available through the Ask a Librarian service.
- Subject librarians can be contacted directly for assistance.
- In-person library instruction sessions will not be available.
Physical Collection Access:
- Books can be located using the library catalog.
- Books are still available for check out.
- Books will be checked out to the end of the semester. Any overdue fines from March 17 forward will be waived.
- Books may be paged and picked up at the Circulation Desk; use the library website to request books
- Interlibrary loan for physical books and videos is suspended. Most academic libraries are not accepting requests for physical items. This includes other UH campuses.
- Interlibrary loan for articles will be accepted and filled if a lending library can be located.
Database, E-book and E-journal Access:
- The databases, e-books and e-journals can be searched using OneSearch
- A complete list of UH Manoa databases can be found at: https://guides.library.manoa.hawaii.edu/az.php
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.