Due to COVID19, the Library does not accept physical material gifts until the situation becomes favorable.
Thank you for considering a gift to the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa Library. Our collections have been enriched greatly over the years through your generous gifts of materials and funds.
Monetary gifts may be made through the University of Hawaiʻi Foundation. Ask at any circulation or reference desk for a UH Foundation Gift Form, or donate online.
If you wish to donate publications such as books or journals, please contact the appropriate subject selector. In order to help the librarian evaluate your materials, we may ask you to provide a list of publications that includes author, title, edition, and publication date. If the donation consists of a few items (9 items or less), you may choose to hand them in at the Hamilton Library circulation desk without prior arrangement with the subject selector.
For donations of unpublished materials such as personal papers, photographs, archives or manuscripts, please contact Archives and Manuscripts at (808) 956-6047 or the Hawaiian and Pacific Collections at (808) 956-8264.
Please note the following:
- The Library reserves the right to retain or dispose of any gift material based on its needs or policy.
- Upon request, the Library will provide a written acknowledgment to verify donations. Please contact the gift coordinator at (808) 956-8227 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Federal and State regulations prevent us from making a monetary appraisal of your gift.
- Generally, the Library cannot pick up donations, as we lack the equipment, staff, and time to perform this task.
In general, we regret that we cannot accept the following materials:
- Materials in poor condition (moldy, pages missing, highlighted or underlined text, brittle paper, etc.)
- Materials already owned by the Library
- Popular magazines
- Short or otherwise incomplete journal runs
- Audio cassettes
- VHS tapes
- Audio recordings on records (exception: Hawaiian and Pacific music)
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the gift coordinator at (808) 956-8227 or email@example.com.