On December 18, 2019, UHM Library Services and all other libraries in the UH system will go live with a new library services platform called Alma and its discovery layer called PrimoVE. The new system will replace our out-dated Voyager system and the front-end public access catalog Hawaiʻi Voyager.
Alma will provide our libraries with an upgraded cloud-based experience to manage all library materials—electronic, digital and print—into one system. PrimoVE is the next version of Primo. You may already be familiar with Primo as this it is the main search on the homepage that we have branded as OneSearch.
About a month prior to the switchover, the library may provide limited services relating to the library system until we go-live with the new platform on Wednesday, December 18, 2019.
- Wednesday November 22, 2019 – The library ceases any updates in Voyager to ensure that all data is brought over in full to the new system. Patrons can continue to borrow books while searching and accessing rather static library information. The library may not accept purchase requests.
- Friday December 13, 2019 4:00pm – You will not be able to place any online requests for Hawaiian and Pacific Collection materials. If you need any items, please visit the collections on the 5th floor of Hamilton Library to make a manual request.
- Monday December 16 12:00am – You will not be able to place any online requests for all library materials and will not be able to access your library account. You may still check out and return materials at the main circulation desk.
- Wednesday December 18, 12:00am – All the suspended library services will be restored on the new library services platform.
- Saturday December 28 – Sunday December 29 – Access to electronic resources and interlibrary loan will be unavailable for University of Hawaii at Manoa students, faculty and staff. This outage is necessary as part of the Library’s migration to a new Library Services Platform. Please plan your research schedule for the winter break accordingly. We apologize for the inconvenience.
As we draw closer to the changeover, the library will be offering video tutorial workshops to help you get familiar with PrimoVE. If you have any feedback such as questions, concerns, or suggestions about the new search, feel free to email email@example.com.