On recommendation of the Kawaihuelani Center for Hawaiian Language, UH Mānoa confers certification of achievement in Hawaiian language. The certificate in Hawaiian is best suited for unclassified students who are not fully matriculating towards earning a major degree but are interested in learning and gaining competency in Hawaiian language.
- 15 credit hours beyond the intermediate level in Hawaiian, including:
- 6 credit hours in continuing language study (HAW 301 & 302)
- 9 credit hours in language, literature, or structure courses selected to complement the major field of study
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA in courses leading to the certificate
- Achieve a grade of B- or better in all Hawaiian language courses counted towards the Hawaiian language certificate
Certificate in HAW Forms: