skip to Main Content

Frequently Asked Questions

Q:  I want to take Hawaiian language or Hawaiian studies classes. What do I need to do?

A:  If you are currently an enrolled U.H. Mānoa student, you can register for any 100-level class according to Mānoa registration timetables and policies. If you’ve taken Hawaiian language classes before, click here for information about the Hawaiian Language Placement Exam or email academic advisor Kamuela Kaʻahanui.

If you are not currently enrolled as a U.H. Mānoa student, you must enroll in order to take classes. If you are interested in sitting in on a class, please directly contact the instructor of that class for permission.


Q:  I have a question about the grade I got in one of my classes. What can I do?

A:  Grading is strictly within the purview of the class instructor. If you’ve already contacted the instructor and did not have a satisfactory outcome, contact either your academic advisor or your department’s advisor to resolve the situation or explore other options.

Back To Top