Spring Only - 2023 Room Cost
Contract Dates: January 6, 2023 - May 13, 2023
All Housing applicants must submit a $25 non-refundable application fee. Applications received without this fee will not be processed. All costs listed are for one occupant only.
Rates do not include a $100 security deposit. This deposit is collected with the initial payment and is refunded, less any outstanding charges, at the conclusion of the contract.
Room Cost for 2023 Spring Only Contract
Hale Aloha Towers, Johnson Hall, Hale Kahawai, Hale Laulima
Double Occupancy Room, Community Bath
Hale Ānuenue, Hale Laulima
Single Occupancy, Community Bath
(Graduate Housing only)
Payment and Financial Terms and Conditions
- Students who have been assigned will be notified via their “hawaii.edu” email account.
- Students who have been assigned will receive information regarding their hall and room type assignment, the date when their payment is required, and a housing contract.
- Room payments should not be sent until a housing offer has been made.
- All housing applicants must successfully submit a $25 nonrefundable application fee. Applications received without this fee will not be processed.
- Acceptance of the student housing offer signifies consent to, and acceptance of all policies and procedures governing residence, including financial liability.
- Payments submitted will be applied to all rent, contract termination penalties, disciplinary fines, damage charges incurred during residency and any other outstanding University obligations.
- Accepted forms of payment for the application fee and initial housing deposit are cash, check, debit or credit card (MasterCard, VISA, or any credit card accepted by the Discover Network such as Discover, China Union Pay, Diners, and JCB).
- Payment of remaining charges by credit card can only be done online through MyUH.
- Accepted forms of payment when paying remaining charges in person are cash, check and debit card.
- Rent and meal plan charges and payments will be posted to the resident’s university account (myuh.hawaii.edu). All financial transactions (tuition, rent, meals, fee, etc) will be split into fall semester and spring semester charges and must be paid by semester.
- Detailed payment information will be made available upon assignment.
Refund and Contract Cancellation Terms
Prior to Hall Opening or Start of Contract
- A minimum $300 cancellation penalty will be assessed for all contract terminations received after acceptance of the assignment.
- Rent payments will be subject to a refund only for emergency situations. Written verification from appropriate sources will be required.
After Hall Opening
- Contract cancellations will result in the assessment of the prorated room cost, plus a cancellation penalty of 60% of the remaining rent for the contract period.
- Relief from the cancellation penalty will be granted only for the following situations: graduation, emergencies that prohibit living on campus, study abroad placement, academic dismissal or suspension, transfer to a non-UH campus on Oahu. Pro-rated rent charges will apply.
- For more information, please see Contract Termination Information and Housing Appeal Form