The primary objective of the Off-Campus Housing Referral Program is to provide assistance to students, faculty, and staff of the University of Hawaii, who are seeking rental accommodations, by making available listings that contain information which is current, accurate, and clearly expressed. On numerous occasions we have addressed our policies with you regarding the use of the Off-Campus Housing Referral Program.
The Off-Campus Housing Referral Program does not investigate, endorse, or guarantee the tenantability of these listings, or the suitability for those responding to the listings. We reserve the right to remove, edit, or withhold any listing. By filling out this form you are giving your consent to post all of the information on this page on our housing boards, in our printed lists, and on our web page. Your listing will be posted for 30 days.
All listings must comply with the following:
1. Properties listed with the Off-Campus Housing Referral Program must comply with all State and Federal laws including, but not limited to, Fair Housing Act, State of Hawaii Landlord-Tenant Code, Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 109 of Title I of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975.
2. Properties may not be posted for sale, rent to own, or option to buy; nor may they contain any information which alludes to such.
3. Within a single listing the Off-Campus Housing Referral Program does not permit multiple rooms with different prices or any arrangement of multiple occupants which combined exceeds the posted rental amount; neither may listings contain ranges of rental amounts in the Additional Notes section (example: $600-$750).
4. Multiple listings with identical information may not be listed within our system concurrently, nor may a single property be listed multiple times concurrently with variations in price or arrangement.
5. All listings submitted to our online listing software must be monthly rentals. No daily or weekly rentals are permitted in our listing database, nor may information which alludes to such be placed in the Additional Notes section of a listing.
6. To make searching for a rental unit or roommate situation as simple and stress free as possible, complete rental information should be included in a submitted listing. Listings may not include redirects to other websites for rental information or photos; including hyperlinks or references to other websites. All pertinent information about the rental must be included in the submitted listing, including a maximum of one photo of the rental unit. Property owners/managers are welcome to provide additional information if contacted by a potential renter, including websites with additional descriptive information and photos.