With the exception of land line telephone service, there is no additional charge for utilities.

Cable Television

All televisions must be equipped with a QAM Tuner. The majority if televisions sold in the last five years have the QAM tuner built in.​ ​Check your television manufacturer's documentation or website to verify that your TV has a QAM tuner. Residents will also need a coaxial ("coax") cable, ​a 75 Ohm RG-6 coaxial cable with F-type connectors is recommended, to connect the television to the wall outlet.​

If you do not have a QAM tuner you should purchase a digital-to-analog converter box that has a QAM tuner. Most retail stores that sell televisions will also sell the converter box.  Boxes vary in price from $40 to $100.

The following boxes are known to work:

The following TVs were known not to have a QAM tuner:

  • Element ELEFW231
  • Element ELEFW328
  • RCA LED40C45RQ
  • RCA LED32B30RQ
  • Seiki SE24FT07

Televisions will need have their antenna and channel settings updated. Refer to your products owner manual for details.  Programming is typically done by setting your television's antenna to "Cable" (or "CATV, "CATV-IRC"). You will also need to reprogram/scan your TV once you make this change.

All residents will have to provide their own CATV cables

For your TV to connect the the cable TV system you will need a 75 ohm RG-6 CATV cable.  It must have an F-type connector which will connect your TV to the wall jack.

We suggest 6 feet for all residence halls and bedrooms and 15 feet for living rooms in the apartments.

The Voice/Data/CATV Jacks

Be sure you plug the correct cable into the correct port in the new jacks. Plugging your phone cable in the data port will damage the port and you may be held responsible for damaging the port. The following picture illustrates the proper placement of Telephone, Internet, and Cable TV cables:


Telephone, Data, Cable TV Outlet

Reporting Problems

Cable TV Problems:

Physical cable TV jack problems (jack pushed in or out of the box) should be reported to ResNet support at (808) 956-6800, M-F 9AM-5PM. 

You may also submit a service request and Submit a ResNet Request.

Internet Problems:

Problems with your network connection should be reported to ResNet support at (808) 956-6800, M-F 10AM-6PM.

Phone Problems:

Problems with your phone line should be reported to the operator by dialing zero on your phone. If you are unable to use your phone go to your building front desk and call from that phone. Operator hours are normal business days, M-F 8:00AM-4:30PM. To allow a phone technician into your room you are required to fill out a form available at the front desk.

Trash & Recycling

Residents are responsible for taking their trash and recycling down to the trash bins located outside the hall. Hale Aloha, Frear and Wainani F and I residents may also take their trash to the trash chutes located on each floor. Any missing wastebaskets will be charged back to the residents. Due to health and safety reasons, residents may not leave any items (including, but not limited to trash cans/bags, bottles, shoes, hibachis, etc.) in the hallways/lanais outside their rooms/apartments. All trash should be kept inside the resident’s unit until the resident is able to take it to the trash bin or chutes. Residents should keep bathrooms and other common areas clean because excessive trash may result in group charges. Recycling should be carried down to the hall’s recycling area located in each hall and bulky items should be disposed of in the exterior trash bins.