As of March 27, 2020, Graduate Student Services is temporarily closed until May 31, 2020.
At this time, we are still operating and will provide our normal services “virtually”. Due to the increase in traffic we are experiencing, please anticipate delays. We understand the tremendous stress everyone is experiencing at this time and we’d appreciate your patience as well. We are committed to working together with you.
As much as possible, the preferred method to submit forms is via email to email@example.com. Please include your name and student ID # and utilize UH File Drop (https://www.hawaii.edu/filedrop/) when sending any sensitive or confidential information. If you are unable to submit a digital copy of the form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an alternative solution.
- UH System COVID-19 Updates
- UH Manoa COVID-19 Updates
- Counseling and Student Development Center COVID-19 Updates
- Admissions deadlines delayed for some programs
- UHM Contact & Positive COVID-19 Procedures (July 2020)
- May 8 UH Mānoa students can apply for a CARES Act grant by completing the Urgent Student Relief Fund (USRF) application
- April 13 Temporary Policy Amendments Due to COVID-19
- April 6 UH Zoom Update from ITS and Information Related to Thesis and Dissertation Defenses
- April 1 Urgent Student Relief Fund
- March 31 Sending documents to Graduate Division Student Services via filedrop
- March 25 Graduate Division message to current graduate students
- March 17 Dean’s Message: Instruction, Research & Travel, Graduate Assistants, Forms, Thesis/Dissertation Defenses
- National Grad Crisis-Line (877-GRAD-HLP or 472-3457) – Supplemental service to mental health services on campus and helpful if campus services are unavailable. This is a free service to the University and student caller. Visit the GradResources website for more information.
- Manoa CARES Act Urgent Student Relief Fund
- WHO advice for the public.