GRADUATE ASSISTANTSHIP TUITION WAIVERS
- Graduate Assistants must be in good academic standing and carry a minimum of 6 credits while employed as a Graduate Assistant unless approved and enrolled in 700F or 800.
- Graduate Assistants must be employed at least 12 weeks during the semester (between the first day of instruction and the last day of instruction).
- Graduate Assistants are responsible for paying their student fees. Failure to do so will result in a Financial Obligation inhibiting their usage of services on campus such as: borrowing of books at any UH System library, gym usage, etc.
Graduate Assistant appointments are 0.50 FTE appointments that carry full tuition exemptions, or .25 FTE appointments that carry an exemption half the total tuition, excluding any student fees.
- Appointments at 0.25 FTE require semester approval from the Graduate Division. Such appointments are approved only in truly exceptional cases.
- Graduate assistants who are registering for more than 9 credits or who may want to work more than 20 hours a week must obtain approval from the Graduate Division. The required form is found here.
- Graduate assistants may check the status of their tuition exemption via the STAR. ***Waivers may take up to 24 hours to be applied to account balances for new registrations and longer if you are adding courses after your initial registration.
- Graduate Assistants must submit a Graduate Assistant Tuition Exemption Request Form (GATEX) form every semester (regardless of whether their appointment continues from a previous semester) to receive a tuition waiver.
|CONTINUING GA'S||NEW/LATE HIRED GA'S|
|FALL||APRIL 30||JULY 31|
|SPRING||NOVEMBER 30||DECEMBER 31|
***If any of the deadlines fall on a weekend or holiday, please submit by the next working day.