For grievances involving course grades, refer to the UHM Academic Grievance Procedures. Grievances involving professional practice within a specific graduate program are handled by the said program; the final authority over which rests with the dean of the respective school or college. The policies and procedures contained in this section apply to grievance situations unique to graduate students, such as grievances involving:
- specific graduate program requirements (including adequate academic progress),
- qualifying and comprehensive exams,
- formation and composition of the thesis or dissertation committee,
- final defense of the thesis or dissertation,
- infringement of intellectual property.