The National Weather Service and State officials are continuing to monitor Hurricanes Ignacio and Jimena. Please follow the National Weather Service, other official agencies and local media for the latest weather news.
Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to sign up for UH Alert to be informed via text message about emergency situations affecting our campus.
The 2015 Central Pacific Hurricane Season continues to be active. Hawaii Emergency Management Agency (http://www.scd.hawaii.gov/) recommends residents and visitors take the following actions to prepare for any possible hurricane or tropical cyclone:
- Talk with family members about what you plan to do if a hurricane or tropical storm threatens. Make an action plan that includes details such as whether or not your family plans to evacuate.
- Download the Ready Hawaii app from the iTunes or Google Play! store. This app can aid in your emergency planning and will list shelters if they are opened for evacuation.
- Walk your property and check for potential flood threats. If time and conditions permit, clear your gutters and other drainage systems.
- Identify small outdoor items that could be picked up by high winds. Make a plan to bring these items indoors if a hurricane/tropical storm watch or warning is issued.
- Prepare your pets by checking or purchasing a carrier and other preparedness items. A pet carrier is necessary for your pet's safety if you plan to evacuate to a pet-friendly shelter. Don't forget seven days of food and water for your furry family members.
- Set aside an emergency supply of any needed medication and keep a copy of your prescriptions in case you run out of medication after a disaster.
- Visitors should download and read the Hawaii Tourism Authority's Travel Safety Brochure at http://www.travelsmarthawaii.com.
In the event of an emergency, this page will provide information about the nature of the incident, how to remain safe and when status has returned to normal. Emergency information is also available by phone at 808-956-0001.
When appropriate, the University will alert faculty, staff, and students via email and/or UH Alert. Information will also be provided through campus webpages and local news media.
Report an Emergency
- Call 911
- Contact campus security at 808-956-6911
- Use a campus emergency phone, if available