Program Learning Outcomes for EALL PhD Program
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate mastery of knowledge in linguistics or literary and cultural studies in one of the three language concentrations (CJK).
- Conduct in-depth critical reviews and synthesis of empirical, theoretical, and/or critical inquiry approaches in linguistics or literary/cultural studies.
Inquiry and Applied Skills
- Design and conduct original research and/or scholarly inquiry significant to the field of linguistics or literary studies.
- Conduct rigorous analysis of data or literary texts.
Research Communication Skills
- Present research designs and/or findings orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate cultural and intercultural competencies and ethical considerations necessary for conducting scholarly inquiry.
- Interact professionally with other members of academic communities.
Last Update: May 2017