Today, Wednesday, January 17, 2024, a UH-owned vehicle was reported stolen from the Hawaiian Studies parking lot at UH Mānoa. The theft took place between yesterday, Tuesday, January 16, 2024 at 3:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m. today. The vehicle is described as a brown Ford F250 truck, license plate SHC 324. Honolulu Police is investigating this incident.
Please notify the UH Mānoa Department of Public Safety (DPS) at (808) 956-6911 or the Honolulu Police Department (HPD) at 911 if you have any information regarding this incident.
- Do not leave valuables inside a vehicle or unattended, especially if they are in open view.
- Lock your vehicle and close all windows every time you leave your vehicle, even if only for a few minutes.
- Do not leave keys in or near your vehicle, or attach a spare key to the vehicle.
- Always double-check your door handle to ensure that it is locked before leaving.
- If your vehicle is equipped with an alarm system, activate it each time you leave the vehicle unattended.
- When possible, park in well-lighted areas.
- Do not tag your keys with your address or license plate number.
- To avoid a citation or tow on campus, park in a designated parking area and ensure that you have a current parking permit.
- If you observe any suspicious activity or behavior such as an individual loitering around parking areas, tampering with vehicles, or wandering in an area without legitimate business, call DPS at (808) 956-6911 or HPD at 911. For more information on how to properly lock your bike or moped, visit the UH Mānoa Department of Public Safety website.