Today, Monday, September 12, 2022, a state-owned van was reported stolen from the driveway between Johnson Hall A & B at UH Mānoa. The incident occurred between 3:30 p.m. on Sunday, September 11 and 4:30 a.m. this morning. A report has been filed with Honolulu Police.
Stolen vehicle description: White 2004 Ford Econoline van, license plate B171
Please notify the UH Mānoa Department of Public Safety (DPS) at (808) 956-6911 or the Honolulu Police Department (HPD) at 911 if you see this vehicle or if you have any information regarding this incident.
- Do not leave valuables inside a vehicle or unattended, especially if they are in open view.
- Lock your vehicle and close all windows every time you leave your vehicle, even if only for a few minutes.
- Do not leave keys in or near your vehicle, or attach a spare key to the vehicle.
- Always double-check your door handle to ensure that it is locked before leaving.
- If your vehicle is equipped with an alarm system, activate it each time you leave the vehicle unattended.
- When possible, park in well-lighted areas.
- Do not tag your keys with your address or license plate number
- If you observe any suspicious activity or behavior such as an individual loitering around vehicles, peering into vehicles, trying door handles, or wandering in an area without legitimate business, call DPS at (808) 956-6911 or HPD at 911.