Today, Saturday September 10, between 6:15-6:30 a.m., a vehicle was stolen from the driveway between Johnson Hall A & B at UH Mānoa. The driver briefly left the vehicle while it was still running, with the doors unlocked. Two possible suspects were seen in the area of the moped rack, each sitting on a moped, when the driver left the area to enter Johnson Hall for a few minutes. When the driver returned a few minutes later, both the possible suspects and the vehicle were gone, and one of the mopeds was left behind. A report has been filed with Honolulu Police. Please see vehicle and possible suspect descriptions below.
Stolen vehicle description: 2004 silver/blue Lexus ES 330, license plate NNN 820.
Possible suspects: two males on mopeds, wearing all black clothing, board shorts, and gaiter style masks.
Please notify the UH Mānoa Department of Public Safety (DPS) at (808) 956-6911 or the Honolulu Police Department (HPD) at 911 if you see this vehicle or if you have any information regarding this incident.
- Do not leave valuables inside a vehicle or unattended, especially if they are in open view.
- Lock your vehicle and close all windows every time you leave your vehicle, even if only for a few minutes.
- Do not leave keys in or near your vehicle, or attach a spare key to the vehicle.
- Always double-check your door handle to ensure that it is locked before leaving.
- If your vehicle is equipped with an alarm system, activate it each time you leave the vehicle unattended.
- When possible, park in well-lighted areas.
- Do not tag your keys with your address or license plate number
- If you observe any suspicious activity or behavior such as an individual loitering around vehicles, peering into vehicles, trying door handles, or wandering in an area without legitimate business, call DPS at (808) 956-6911 or HPD at 911.