Today, Friday, February 19, 2021, a burglary was reported from UH Lab School at UH Mānoa. The theft took place in a multipurpose band room between 3:30 p.m., yesterday, Thursday, February 18 and 10:30 a.m. today. Two laptop computers were reported stolen. A report has been filed with Honolulu Police.
Please notify the UH Mānoa Department of Public Safety (DPS) at (808) 956-6911 or the Honolulu Police Department (HPD) at 911 if you have any information regarding this incident.
- If your office has a keypad or coded door, remember to change the code frequently – never give the code to unauthorized individuals. If possible, establish unique codes and ensure that the code is changed or deactivated if a person leaves employment or is no longer with your department.
- Never keep cash or valuable personal property in your office, even if locked. If your office has valuable equipment, DPS recommends keeping it stored in a locked cabinet.
- Always close and lock all doors and windows, even when taking quick trips away from home or your office.
- To ensure access is limited only to those with permission, ensure that your department has a system for checking out and returning keys to any office areas.
- Do not lend keys to others in your department or building – if a key is lost or stolen, immediately report it to your department or building coordinator.
- If possible, install a security alarm or camera in any office that contains sensitive or valuable materials.
- If you believe that your office or apartment has been entered, it is important for your safety that you do not enter the area. Immediately call DPS at (808) 956-6911 or HPD at 911.
- Contact us if you observe suspicious people, vehicles, or activity on campus. While the term “suspicious” may mean different things to different people, we urge our community to contact us even if they aren’t sure whether or not something seems out of place. If you see something, say something by immediately calling DPS at (808) 956-6911 or HPD at 911 so an officer can respond to check the location.