Today, Thursday, February 6, at approximately 8:00 a.m., a female student reported a male followed
her into the restroom in Hemenway Hall and exposed himself. She pushed him away and he fled.
The male suspect is described by witnesses as:
- Complexion/possible ethnicity (as described by witness): Pacific Islander
- Hair: Black, straight shoulder length hair
- Weight: 160 lbs
- Height: 5’10” – 5’11”
- Build: Slim
- Age: 30’s
- Clothing: Blue baseball cap, Black short sleeve t-shirt, long blue jeans, and black slippers
- Facial hair: beard or mustache
The area was checked and no suspect was located. If you have any information, please contact the UH
Mānoa Department of Public Safety (DPS) at (808) 956-6911 or the Honolulu Police Department (HPD) at
- Responsibility is with the perpetrator, not the survivor — no one deserves, asks for or provokes
lewd behavior or indecent exposure.
- UHM provides counseling services to students. Please contact the Counseling & Student Development
Center at (808) 956-7927. For faculty and staff who need counseling services, please visit the
Hawaii Psychological Association website at: http://www.hawaiipsychology.org.
Safety tips from DPS:
- Encourage friends to travel in pairs or with trusted companions, especially at night or in remote
- Utilize campus transportation resources. Call (808) 956-SAFE (7233) for our Security Escort
Service, which is available 7 days a week, from dusk until dawn.
- Download the Mānoa Guardian app and use the Safety Timer feature to notify family, friends, or DPS
staff if you are walking alone or in an unfamiliar place on campus. More information:
- If you feel that you or others are in danger, look for a blue light Emergency Call Box, call DPS
at (808) 956-6911, or call HPD at 911.
- To report suspicious, illegal or unusual activity on campus, call DPS at (808) 956-6911 or HPD at