The UH Mānoa Department of Public Safety (UHM DPS) is asking for our community’s help in identifying a person of interest in a recent burglary at George Hall.
The man depicted in the photos/video (scroll down to view) is a person of interest to the UHM Department of Public Safety. If you know the identity of this person, you are asked to call UHM DPS at (808) 956-6911. This man is believed to be involved in a burglary at George Hall this morning, Monday, September 23, between the hours of 3:00 a.m. and 4:30 a.m.
The video shows a man walking towards a security camera and appearing to obscure his face while entering an office. The photos are screenshots taken from the same video.
It is unknown at this time if any items were taken, but it appears that multiple offices were entered during this time. A report has been filed with Honolulu Police.
If you know the identity of the person in the photo, please call DPS immediately at (808) 956-6911. If you have an office, especially in George Hall, please carefully check your office area for any missing items or signs of disturbance. If you find that your office is disturbed, please call the phone number above.
DPS recommends the following tips for preventing a burglary of your office:
- Always lock all doors and windows, even when taking quick trips away from your office
- If you lose the keys to your office, be sure to report it immediately so the lock can be re-keyed.
- All departments should have a key management system to ensure that keys are checked out and returned as appropriate, especially when an employee leaves employment at UH Mānoa. This process should be audited on a periodic basis to ensure that all keys are accounted for.
- Whenever possible, keep valuables secured, out of sight, and/or locked away
- To report suspicious people, vehicles, or activity on campus, call DPS at (808) 956-6911 or HPD at 911.
If you know the identity of this person, please call UHM DPS at (808) 956-6911.