3190 Maile Way
Honolulu, HI 96822
Phone: (808) 956-7909
Fax: (808) 956-3894
Extension Specialist, Researcher & Professor
Ecology, yield and quality of food crops.
Ph.D., Horticulture and Crop Science, The Ohio State University, 2004 M.Sc., Horticulture, University of Hawaii, Manoa, 2000 B.Sc., Horticulture, University of Hawaii, Manoa, 1994
My research program is focused on understanding how crop yield and quality can be optimized in agricultural systems that reduce reliance on conventional chemical inputs and increase use of ecological farming practices.
- Hanai 'Ai Sustainable Agriculture Newsletter. 2009-Present. https://cms.ctahr.hawaii.edu/soap/Hanai-Ai
- Lincoln, N. K., Radovich, T., Acosta, K., Isele, E., & Cho, A. (2019). Toward Standardized Leaf Sampling for Foliar Nutrient Analysis in Breadfruit. HortTechnology 29: 443–449.
- Galanti, R., Cho, A., Ahmad, A., & Radovich, T. (2019). Soil Amendments and Soil Profiling Impact on Macadamia Growth and Yield Performance. HortScience, 54(3), 519-527.
- Keaulana, S., Chung-Do, J. J., Ho-Lastimosa, I., Hwang, P. H., Ho, Kenneth, Radovich, T., & Spencer, M. S. (2019). Waimanalo Pono Research Hui: Establishing protocols and rules of engagement to promote community-driven and culturally-grounded research with a Native Hawaiian community. British Journal of Social Work, 49 (1023-1040).
- Radovich, T.J.K 2018. Vegetable biology and Classification. In: Handbook of Vegetables and Vegetable Processing, 2nd edition. Wiley-Blackwell, Iowa.
- Berek, A.K. Berek, Nguyen, N.V., Radovich, T.J.K., and Ahmad, A.A. 2018. Biochars Improve Nutrient Regulation of Highly Weathered Soils. Agronomy Journal: (In Press).
- Gangaiah, C., Ahmad, A.A., Smith, C.M., and Radovich, T.J.K. 2018. Potassium Release Kinetics from Three Invasive Algae Mixed with Different Media in Leachate Column Studies. Journal of Applied Phycology (JAPH): 31(2), 1505-1514.
- Radovich, T.J.K. 2017. Organic Farming. The Oxford Encyclopedia Of Agriculture and the Environment. http://go.hawaii.edu/fil
- Chandrappa Gangaiah, Amjad A. Ahmad, Hue V. Nguyen, Koon-Hui Wan, and Theodore J.K. Radovich. 2017. Evaluating Three Invasive Agal Species as Local Organic Sources of Potassium (K) for Pak Choi (Brassica rapa, Chinensis group) Growth.HortScience 52: 436-440.
- Paudel, B., Chan, C., Halbrendt, J., Crow, S.E., Radovich, T.J.K., &Norton, G. (2016). Bioeconomic optimization of conservation agriculture production systems(CAPS) for smallholder tribal farmers in the hill region of Nepal. Journal of Soil and Water Conservation, 71(2), 103-117. doi:10.2489/jwsc.71.2.103
- Sustainable and Organic Farming Systems - Members