3190 Maile Way
Honolulu, HI 96822
Phone: (808) 956-6063
Fax: (808) 956-3894
Richard M. Manshardt
Tropical fruit crop breeding and genetics.-Species Identification Papaya-Breeding
B.A., Shattuck School, Faribault, Minnesota, 1963; Antioch College, 1969; M.S., Agronomy, University of Illinois, 1976; Ph.D., University of Florida, 1980; Postdoctoral studies, University of California, Riverside, 1982
Genetics and breeding of papaya; Genetic resources, evaluation, and utilization of tropical fruits; Tissue culture and genetic engineering of papaya
- Manshardt, R., C. Mello, S. Lum and L. Ta. 2007. Tracking papaya pollen movement with the GUS transgene marker. Acta Horticulturae 740: 183-187.
- Skelton, R., Q. Yu, R. Srinivasan, R. Manshardt, P. Moore, R. Ming. 2006. Tissue differential expression of lycopene beta-cyclase gene in papaya. Cell Research 16: 731-739.
- Deputy, J., R. Ming, H. Ma, M. Fitch, M. Wang, R. Manshardt and J. Stiles. 2002. Molecular markers for sex determination in papaya (Carica papaya L.). Theor. Appl. Genet. 106:107-111.
- Tennant, P., G. Fermin, M.M. Fitch, R.M. Manshardt, J.L. Slightom and D. Gonsalves. 2001. Papaya ringspot virus resistance of transgenic Rainbow and SunUp is affected by gene dosage, plant development, and coat protein homology. European Journal of Plant Pathology 107:645-653.
- Aradhya, K., R. Manshardt, F. Zee, and C. Morden. 1999. A phylogenetic analysis of the genus Carica L. (Caricaceae) based on the restriction fragment length variation in a cpDNA intergenic spacer region. Genetic Resources and Crop Evolution 45:579-586.