Please follow these instructions very carefully so that your application makes it to the right offices on time.
(1) Complete the Graduate Admissions Application submitted online.
The following documents should be electronically uploaded or requested through the Graduate Application Supplemental Documents Upload Website https://documentupload.manoa.hawaii.edu/upload/#/login.
a) Upload a personal resume/CV (pdf/word)
b) Upload a statement of purpose (pdf/word) (<1000 words) that clearly describes:
- Why are you interested in nutrition?
- What type of nutrition research do you want to do?
- Why do you want to attend the University of Hawai‘i to achieve your goals?
You are also encouraged to provide other information you feel will be valuable for the review of your application.
c) Request three letters of recommendation through the Graduate Application Supplemental Documents Upload Website. Letters of recommendation are required from people who know your academic strengths and can comment on your suitability for graduate studies.
d) Unofficial documents (transcripts and test score reports) can be uploaded. However, admitted students are required to submit official scores in order to enroll at the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa.
(2) Send original transcripts for academic institutions you have attended (even if you didn’t receive a degree) directly to the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa Graduate Division at the address below. Do not send original transcripts to the graduate chair.
2540 Maile Way
Spalding Hall 354
Honolulu, HI 96822
(3) Send test score reports. The Educational Testing Service (ETS) institutional code for University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa is 4867 (a department code is not necessary). All testing scores should be received by the deadline.
GRE® scores on the verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning and analytic writing sections should each be greater than the 50th percentile. GRE scores are valid for five years from the test date.
TOEFL® score of 600 on the paper-based test or 250 on the computer-based test or a minimum TOEFL iBT® score of 100. ETS reports scores for two years after the test date.
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score is accepted. The minimum required IELTS score is 7.0. IELTS scores have a recommended two year validity period.
For all other inquires and questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All documents must be received by the Fall Admissions (February 1) or Spring Admissions (September 1) deadline.
Please be sure to look at our Jobs Now! page to look for current funding opportunities.