Yong Soo Kim  , PhD, MS
Department of Human Nutrition, Food and Animal Science, College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources – University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
Work Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgINTERNET
Improving animal growth performance and carcass composition, myostatin as potent negative regulator of skeletal muscle growth, meat quality characteristics of locally produced forage-finished beef, innovative ways to improve the marketability of low-value cuts of the forage-finished carcasses.
- S.B. Lee, R. Choi, S.K. Park, and Y.S. Kim. 2014. Production of bioactive chicken follistatin315 in Escherichia coli. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology 98:10041- 10051.
- W.Y. Haq, S.K. Kang, S.B. Lee, H.C. Kang, Y.J. Choi, C.N. Lee and Y.S. Kim. 2013. High-level soluble expression of porcine myostatin propeptide in Escherichia coli. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology 97(19):8517-27.
- Sang Beum Lee, Jeong Hwan Kim, Hyung-Joo Jin, Il Shik Shin, and Yong Soo Kim, 2013. Highyield expression and purification of bioactive flatfish (Paralichthys olivaceus) myostatin-1 prodomain in Escherichia coli, American Journal of Biochemistry and Biotechnology 8 (3):195-201.
Current Graduate Students (Chair)
- Dong Hyuck Choi, MS in Molecular Biosciences and Biosystem’s Engineering (MBBE) (Spring 2012 – current)
- Arthur Wong, PhD in MBBE (Fall 2010 –current)