Rachel Novotny  , PhD RDN
Professor & Graduate ChairHuman Nutrition, Food, and Animal Sciences – College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources
Work Email: email@example.comINTERNET
global nutrition, nutrition transition, nutrition assessment
- Novotny R, Yamanaka A, Butel J, Boushey CJ, Dela Cruz R, Aflague T, Coleman, P, Shallcross L, Fleming T, Wilkens LR. Maintenance Outcomes of the Children’s Healthy Living Program on Overweight, Obesity, and Acanthosis Nigricans Among Young Children in the US-Affiliated Pacific Region: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Netw Open. 2022;5(6):e2214802. doi:10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2022.14802
- Novotny R, Davis J, Butel J, Boushey CJ, Fialkowski MK, Nigg DR, Braun KL, Leon Guerrero RL, Coleman P, Bersamin A, Areta A, Barber LR, Belyeu-Camacho T, Greenberg J, Fleming T, Delacruz-Talbert E, Yamanaka A, Wilkens LR. Effect of the Children’s Healthy Living program on Young Child overweight, obesity and acanthosis nigricans in the US affiliated Pacific region: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA Network Open. 2018;1(6):E183896. DOI:10.1001/JAMAnetworkopen.2018.3896
- Novotny R, Li F, Leon Guerrero R, Coleman P, Tufa A, Bersamin A, Deenik J, Wilkens LR. Dual burden of malnutrition in US Affiliated Pacific jurisdictions in the Children’s Healthy Living Program. BMC Public Health (2017) 17:483; DOI 10.1186/s12889-017-4377-6.
Current Graduate Students (Chair)
- Michelle (Shelly) Laguana, PhD Nutritional Sciences. Assessing food consumption patterns of young children on Guam through the development of a culturally appropriate food frequency questionnaire (FFQ).
- Rica Anne Dela Cruz. PhD Public Health. Influences of obesity-related health behaviors among children in the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI)
- Pauline McFall. PhD Nutritional Sciences. Diet and nutrition transition in American Samoa.