Jinan Banna  PhD, RD, CDN
Associate Professor, Department of Human Nutrition, Food and Animal SciencesCollege of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources – University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
Work Email: email@example.comINTERNET
Nutrition education, program evaluation, community nutrition, child and adolescent nutrition.
- Banna JC, Gilliland B, Keefe M, Zheng D. Cross-cultural comparison of perspectives on healthy eating among Chinese and American young adults. BMC Public Health. 2016; 16:1015.
- Reicks M, Banna JC, Cluskey M, Gunther C, Hongu N, Richards R, Topham G, Wong SS. Influence of parenting practices on eating behaviors of early adolescents during independent eating occasions: implications for obesity prevention. Nutrients. 2015; 7(10): 8783-8801.
- Banna JC, Fialkowski MK, Townsend MS. Misreporting of dietary intake affects estimated nutrient intakes in low-income Spanish-speaking women. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. 2015; 115(7): 1124-1133.
- NIH/NIMHD 2015-2016. Multi-site trial using short mobile messages (SMS) to improve infant weight in low-income minorities.
- NIH/NIMHD 2014-2015. Development of a food behavior checklist for limited-resource Filipinos.
Current Graduate Students (Chair)
- Christine Crosby (PhD Nutrition)
- Hannah Holmes (MS Nutritional Sciences)
- Asuka Suzuki (PhD Nutrition). Characterization of parental practices supporting positive eating behaviors of adolescents in Hawai'i and Japan.