Jinan Banna  , PhD, RD
Professor, Department of Human Nutrition, Food and Animal SciencesCollege of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources – University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
Work Email: email@example.comINTERNET
Nutrition education, program evaluation, community nutrition, child and adolescent nutrition.
- Yoder A, Proano G, Kelley K, Wu Y, Banna J. Perspectives of food as medicine concept: report of an online convenience sample survey of registered dietitian nutritionists. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. 2023;S2212-2672(23)00240-X.
- Reicks M, Lora K, Jin Y, Kojo Anderson A, Monroe-Lord L, Jones B, Topham G, Banna J, Gunther C, Hopkins L, Richards R, Wong SS. Parenting practices are associated with adolescent food choices during independent eating occasions. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. 2023;S2212-2672(23)00276-9.
- Macchi A, Banna JC, Moreira S, Campos M, Palacios C. Effect of a Short Messaging Service (SMS) intervention delivered to caregivers on energy, nutrients, and food group intake of infant participants of the WIC program. Frontiers in Public Health. 2022; 10:986330.
- 2022-2024. Development and validation of a novel tool to assess sodium intake for heart disease prevention in a multiethnic population. Hawaii Community Foundation
- 2022-2023. Mapping Community Assets to Establish a Local Coordinated System of Care to Prevent Childhood Obesity. Kellogg Foundation. Banna J, Collaborator (PI: Albie Miles)
- 2021-2022. Nutrition in Food Retail Program Development. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Banna J, Mentor
- 2020-2021. Testing the effectiveness of a unique, innovative, easy-to-use program on young children's attitudes about and consumption of fruits and vegetables United States Department of Agriculture. Banna J, Co-PI (Awardee Organization Katalyst Kreations, LLC)