Jinan Banna  , PhD, RD, CDN
Associate Professor, Department of Human Nutrition, Food and Animal SciencesCollege of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources – University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
Work Email: email@example.comINTERNET
Nutrition education, program evaluation, community nutrition, child and adolescent nutrition.
- Banna JC, Richards R, Jones B, Anderson A, Reicks M, Cluskey M, Gunther C, Hongu N, Lora K, Misner S, Monroe-Lord L, Topham G, Wong SS, Lim E. Describing independent eating occasions among low-income adolescents. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2020;17(3):E981.
- Holmes H, Palacios C, Wu Y, Banna JC. Effect of a short message service intervention on excessive gestational weight gain in a low-income population: a randomized controlled trial. Nutrients. 2020;12(5):1428.
- Fialkowski MK, Calabrese A, Tillinghast B, Titchenal A, Meinke W, Banna JC, Draper J. Open educational resource textbook impact on students in an introductory nutrition course. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior. 2020;52(4):359-368.
- Can mHealth, an app that measures skin carotenoid, work as an optimal biomarker for health and key motivator for F&V intake? Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program. 2018-2019. Banna J, Mentor (Undergraduate PIs:Chowdhury, Nahian & Langfelder, Gemady)
- A secondary data analysis of the quality of a unique diet quality index score with infants in Puerto Rico and Hawaii to assess diet quality. Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program. 2018-2019. Banna J, Mentor (Undergraduate PI: Ramirez, Jessica)
- Child Health Assessment in the Pacific Summer (CHAPS) Fellowship. United States Department of Agriculture. 2016-2019. Banna J, Mentor (PI: Novotny, Rachel and Fialkowski, Marie)
- Preventing excessive gestational weight gain via short mobile messages in WIC. 2017-2018. National Insitutes of Health. Banna J, PI
Current Graduate Students (Chair)
- Christine Crosby (PhD Nutrition)
- Asuka Suzuki (PhD Nutrition). Characterization of parental practices supporting positive eating behaviors of adolescents in Hawai'i.