- 1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 lbs Pork belly or shoulder
- 6 Cloves garlic, smashed
- ½ cup Light brown sugar
- ½ cup Soy sauce
- 1 cup White vinegar (or filipino cane vinegar)
- 1 Tbsp Black pepper corn
- 4 Bay leaves
- To Taste Salt and ground pepper
- optional: 2 Tbsp water / 1 Tbsp cornstarch used to thicken the sauce after cooking
- Cut the pork into large cubes (1.5” – 2”)
- Set the Instant Pot to saute function, high, and brown the pork.
- Turn off saute function (cancel) and then set to manual pressure cook (high)
- Add in remaining ingredients and then stir to incorporate all the flavors.
- Close the lid and seal the pressure valve and cook for 20 minutes on high pressure.
- Once the timer goes off, quick release the pressure valve and then allow to sit for 10 minutes.
Optional: if desired, remove the lid immediately after pressure is fully released and then make a corn starch slurry (mixing water and starch amount) together and then adding in to thicken the sauce in the adobo.