On December 13, 2010, President Obama signed the Child Nutrition Act. It will be a while before we see how the program will roll out and what are the requirements, but this is exciting! Here are some materials to keep the conversation in Hawai‘i going:
- Rules on buying produce for school food programs
- Farm to School program – great website interconnecting many states
- Hawai‘i Kōkua Foundation’s website on farm to school
- Michele Obama’s “Let’s Move” website
- Washington State’s Farm-to-Cafeteria study – great ground work!