Together, with diverse local, national, and international partners, the CRDG mathematics team carries out research, develops educational curricula for students and resources for teachers, and provides teacher professional development.
The mathematics team is guided by a set of core tenets that have been established over many decades of studying how curriculum can be used to influence the teaching and learning of mathematics.
- Problem-solving is leveraged as the primary means for introducing and developing new topics.
- A variety of communication strategies are used to make learning visible and increase opportunities for classroom interaction.
- Ample opportunities for making connections are offered to students across a range of topics.
- The development of mathematics understanding is designed to take place and be supported over time.
- Challenging, yet accessible tasks are used to address the needs of a wide range of learners.