Music 219: 956-7618
Department: 956-7756; Fax: 956-9657
BA 1964, Seoul National University
MA 1971, University of Washington
PhD 1974, University of Washington
The portion of Professor Lee’s research which is China-related focuses on the pace of change in musical performance practices of the Korean ethnic minority in the Yanbian area of Northeast China, which has been greatly accelerated since restrictions on travel to South Korea have been eased.
- Mus 107 Music in World Cultures
- Mus 407 Music Cultures of the World
- Mus 478C Music Cultures of China
- Mus 479 Topics in Ethnomusicology
- Mus 670B Regional Music: Asia
- Mus 678B Transcription of Music Performance
- “Musical Identity and Acculturation in the Yanbian Korean Autonomous Region of the PRC: An Overview.” Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Korean Studies. Seoul, 1988.