Professor of Law
- Law 520 China-U.S. Comparative Employment Law
- Law 556 Asian Comparative Labor Law
- Law 586 Law and Society in China
- Chinese Law in CBA/JAIMS CHEMBA Program
- “Made in China 2025: Implications of Robotization and Digitalization on MNC Labor Supply Chains and Workers’ Labor Rights in China,” 9 Tsinghua China Law Review 1 (2017).
- “Up and Down the MNC Global Labor Supply Chain: Making Remedies that Work in China,” 34 UCLA Pacific Law Journal 103 (2017).
- “U.S.-Russia-East Asia Comparisons of Dispatch (Temporary) Worker Regulations,” 5 Russian L. J. 6 (2017); DOI:10.17589/2309-8678-2017-5-1-6-32 (Ronald C. Brown and Olga Rymkevich).
- “Chinese “Workers without Benefits,” 15 Univ. Richmond J. Global Law & Business L. J. 21 (2016).
- “China – U.S. Implementation of ILO Standards by BITs and Pieces (FTAs),” ch.6, Fundamental Labour Rights in China – Legal Implementation and Cultural Logic, (eds. Liukkunen, Ulla, Chen, Yifeng (Eds.) (Springer 2016).
- “Measuring China’s Social Insurance Law Under International Standards of International Labour Organization and Influences of Social Dimension Provisions of Free Trade Agreements and Bilateral Investment Treaties,” 45 Hong Kong Law Journal 651 (2015).
- “The Regulation of Non-Standard Forms of Employment in China, Japan and the Republic of Korea,” Working Paper, International Labour Organization (ILO), (R. Brown and F. Cooke) (2015).
- “Collective Bargaining in China: Guangdong Code a Harbinger of National Model?” 4 China EU Law Journal 135 (2015).
- East Asian Labor and Employment Law: International and Comparative Context (Cambridge 2012; paperback 2014).
- “Defusion of labor disputes in China: Collective Negotiations, Mediation, Arbitration, and the Courts,” 3 China-EU Law J. 117 (2014).
- Understanding Labor & Employment in China (Cambridge 2009).
- China’s Labor Dispute Resolution, (Oxford: Foundation for Law, Justice, and Society, 2008).
- Understanding Chinese Courts and Legal Process: Law with Chinese Characteristics (Kluwer, 1997).
- ”China’s New Labor Contract Law,” 3 China Law Reporter 4 (July 2007).
- Harmonizing Domestic Labor Law Reforms with Global Labor Law Standards, Chapter 10, International Economic Law and China in Its Economic Transition, Huiping Chen (ed) (Chinese Law Series, William S. Hein & Co., Inc. 2007).
- “China’s Collective Contract Provisions: Can Collective Negotiations Embody Collective Bargaining?” 16 Duke Journal of Comparative and International Law 35 (2006).
- “China’s Employment Discrimination Laws During Economic Transition,” 19 Columbia J. of Asian Law 361 (2006).
- “Globalization and the Law “Global Common Law” Chapter 12, Fairness, Globalization, and Public Institutions, Dator, Pratt, and Seo (eds) (University of Hawaii Press 2006).