The Center for Chinese Studies announces its ‘C. F. and Grace Ning Awards in Chinese Studies’ faculty and graduate student travel and research funding competition for 2019.
(1) The current competition is for funding to support activities carried out between March 1, 2019, and December 15, 2019.
(2) Disbursement of funds will be made on the basis of receipts submitted for reimbursement. All paperwork for reimbursement of expenses must be submitted by Dec 31, 2019; otherwise, it will be assumed that the award has been declined.
(3) Required application materials include:
- PDF application form (fillable on computer)—see attachment;
- Statement (half-page to full page) discussing what you intend to do with Ning Fund support, and the potential benefit to Chinese Studies of your activity;
- Budget, with specific details, that describes the lowest available cost of your proposed activity; the maximum award amount will be $1500;
- Copy of invitation letter, conference paper acceptance letter, or conference announcement if applying to use funds to travel to a conference or other event;
- Graduate students: please also submit one letter of recommendation from a faculty member.
(4) All materials must be submitted electronically; that is, submit the application form and all supporting documents (PDF file preferred) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for receipt of materials is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, Jan 25, 2019.
Please use the attached PDF application form (dated Jan 11, 2019) and not any of the previous years’ application forms. The form is also downloadable from the CCS website at any one of these pages: