Teaching English in Yali Yanghu Middle School Program
Yali Yanghu Middle School is built by the nationally-famed Yali High School, which was founded in 1906 by Yale-in-China, and has provided excellent educations to students from Grade 7 to Grade 12 since then.
The school is located in Changsha, the captital city of Hunan Province. On campus there are top-class facilities including a library, gymnasium and multiple laboratories, as well as beautiful garden scenery.
We are now looking for a full-time English teacher to teach our high-school students. Please see the details below:
– Full-time English teacher on a 1-year contract (renewable depending on performance)
– Working hours: 20 sessions per week, 40 minutes per session
– Teaching focus: High-school English Listening and Speaking
– Native English speaker
– Bachelor’s degree or above
– 1.5+ years teaching experience (preferably in EFL or ESL), or previous volunteer/leadership
– TEFL certificate (CELTA or equivalent preferred)
– No criminal record
– Enthusiasm in teaching, a positive attitude, willingness to learn, and good team spirit.
– Monthly salary：RMB 8,000 Yuan (approximately USD $1,200)
– Flight reimbursement: RMB 10,000 Yuan (approximately USD $ 1,500)
– Free Accommodation: fully-furnished studio (AC, hot water, and Internet access included; no kitchen)
– Free Dining: provided by the school cafeteria
– Free Medical Coverage： For your safety and health, the school will provide you with free medical coverage, as they would the Chinese teachers.
– Free Language courses： Participants are not required to have any knowledge of the Chinese language. However, free classes in ‘Survival Mandarin’ and higher levels are held regularly and are taught by qualified and experienced teachers. You will be taught practical Chinese including phrases and words commonly used in daily life.
Please send your resume to Qiong Xiao, firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday, August 20. Qualified candidates will be contacted for further interview.