Thank you for your interest in the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa Children’s Center.  We look forward to meeting you and your child.

As a program of the Office of Student Affairs, 75% of the Center’s childcare spaces are reserved for full-time classified students while the remaining 25% are for employees of the University of Hawai‘i.

Classified students are considered full-time when enrolled in at least 12 undergraduate credits, 8 master degree credits, or 6 doctoral credits. Individuals conducting post-doctoral work are considered University employees.

An employee of the University of Hawai‘i is someone whose paycheck is issued directly from the University. This does not include University affiliated entities such as the Research Corporation of University of Hawai‘i (RCUH), University of Hawai‘i Foundation (UHF), or The East-West Center.

Documentation of student or employment status is required prior to enrollment.

The Children’s Center is supported by state general funds, donations, grants, fundraising and parent fees.  Please review our Steps and Child Care Service Rates for more information. Service rates are based on family size and income.  Please also note that all childcare rates and fees at the University of Hawai‘i are subject to change between subsequent academic years.

Non-Discrimination Policy
Families are welcomed from all ethnic, racial, and national backgrounds. There is no discrimination against families or children based on background, race, color, creed, gender or disability.