Career Fair for Students
The aim of the career fair is to provide an opportunity for UHM students and alumni to meet potential employers, build professional connections and net work to find internships and career opportunities.
|Thursday||October 5, 2023||10:00 AM – 1:00 PM||Campus Center Ballroom|
Employers will be informing students on what they’ll need to know about career paths, employer expectations and professional opportunities.
Interested in attending the career fair?
- View the List of Participating Employers
- Tips for Career Fair Success (handout)
- Learn Tips and Strategies From Our Career Counselors
- Determine the Appropriate Job Attire
- Information about Independent Contractors and Third Party Recruiters
Career Fair Guide
Resume E-book for the Career Fair
The Mānoa Career Center is creating a resume e-book that employers can access after the Career Fair.
By submitting my resume, I authorize the University of Hawaii to maintain and release my resume and information only to employers participating in the career fair.
Complete this form and upload a PDF of your resume.
- To submit a resume.
- Login to your UHM google account.
- Click on link: http://go.hawaii.edu/2ju
- Fill out the Resume Book Submission Form and upload a PDF of your resume
- Click “Submit”
Career Counselors are available for virtual appointments on Zoom for resume reviews. Make an appointment via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reasons to attend a career fair
Regardless of your major, year in college, or future goals, there are numerous benefits to attending the career fair:
- Networking – enabling you to establish important contacts.
- Learn more about careers and potential opportunities.
- Learn about Cooperative Education and Internship opportunities.
- Increase your chances of getting an interview with a potential employer.
- Sharpen your job search skills.
- Practice good communication skills.
- Attend pre-Career Fair workshops to help you prepare to meet employers.
What students have gained from attending the career fair
- 97% learned about internship and full time opportunities
- 97% gained information that will help with their career decisions
- 97% learned about career options they did not know of before
(Based on students surveyed during the Fall 2022 Career Fair)
Don’t miss your chance to speak with representatives from local and national companies!
Prepare for the career fair
- Review your resume
- Develop an introduction to use when meeting an employer at the fair
- Get feedback on appropriate dress/attire to make a positive impression
- Construct meaningful questions to help you learn about career options
- Feedback to your follow-up thank you or networking letter
- Maximize your time at the Career Fair and decide what you want to gain by reading our job fair tips for students
- Learn Salary information research strategies
Attend a career development workshop
- Tips for Career Fair Success
- Resume and Cover Letter: Market Yourself on Paper
- 14 Things You Should Know About the Interview