Summer 2012 Opportunity at Kellogg Biological Station
The Kellogg Biological Station at Michigan State University offers summer field-based undergraduate and graduate courses as well as NSF REUs. They are also introducing an undergraduate research apprenticeship program for students looking to combine classes with a mentored research experience.
They have some scholarships that cover tuition and room & board, which are primarily for students in residence. The scholarship deadline is March 1, 2012.
Their courses are:
- Plant Systematics
- Ecology/Ecology Lab
- Grazing and Robotic Milking
- Field Ecology and Evolution
- Aquatic Entomology
- Social Agroecological Systems
- ELME (Enhancing Linkages Between Mathematics and Ecology)
- Eminent Ecologist Seminar Series
For more information about the station and its programs, visit their website.