Program: Finance (BBA)
Date: Mon Oct 12, 2009 - 4:29:33 pm
1) List your program's student learning outcomes (SLOs).
Goals 1 through 4 are the same for ALL BBA students.
Objectives listed under Goal 5 vary by major.
Objectives for Finance Majors follow:
1) Describe risk and return concepts
2) Discuss valuation concepts
3) Discuss financial market concepts
2) Where are your program's SLOs published?
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online:
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online:
Other: will be posted on the Shidler College web site during the spring semester
3) Upload your program's current curriculum map(s) as a PDF.
4) What percentage of courses have the course SLOs explicitly stated on the course syllabus, department website, or other publicly available document? (Check one)
5) State the SLO(s) that was Assessed, Targeted, or Studied
Assessment in the finance major will begin Spring 2010
6) State the Assessment Question(s) and/or Goal(s) of Assessment Activity
7) State the Type(s) of Evidence Gathered
8) State How the Evidence was Interpreted, Evaluated, or Analyzed
9) State How Many Pieces of Evidence Were Collected
10) Summarize the Actual Results
11) Briefly Describe the Distribution and Discussion of Results
12) Describe Conclusions and Discoveries
13) Use of Results/Program Modifications: State How the Program Used the Results --or-- Explain Planned Use of Results
14) Reflect on the Assessment Process
15) Other Important Information
Although the finance department piloted a new assessment project during the Fall of 2008, review determine that a new plan for assessment of BBA GOAL 5 - demonstrate skills in a functional area of business - was needed. The pilot revealed the assessment design to be both extremely complex, and without working definitions of the the goals/concepts begin assessed. The finance department is revising the process.