Program: International Business (BBA)
Date: Mon Oct 12, 2009 - 2:48:57 pm
1) List your program's student learning outcomes (SLOs).
Goals 1 through 4 are the same for ALL BBA students.
Objectives listed under Goal 5 vary by major.
Objectives for International Business Majors are Listed below
Goal: Effectively apply skills in a functional specialization – International Business
International Business Objective 1: Students can describe environmental differences between business within domestic and international contexts. [Assessed in MGT 343]
Rubrics: 0 = Does not describe environmental differences.
1 = Describes major impact environmental differences accurately.
2 = Describes the impact of environmental differences comprehensively.
International Business Objective 2: Students are able to analyze multinational companies’ operations in depth, drawing from concepts in these areas: cross-cultural management, international marketing, and international finance. [Assessed in MGT 343]
Rubrics: 0 = Insufficient use of different functions and concepts.
1 = Use all different functions and concepts.
2 = Integrate all different functions and concepts accurately.
International Business Objective 3: Students are able to communicate their understanding that international business requires management of complex organization. [Assessed in MGT 342]
Rubrics: 0 = Failed to communicate the complexity.
1 = Communicated the complexity accurately.
2 = Communicated the complexity comprehensively.
International Business Objective 4: Students are able to describe the impact of global environment on multinational companies in both domestic and foreign markets. [Assessed in MGT342]
Rubrics: 0 = Not able to describe the impact.
1 = Describe the impact accurately.
2 = Describe the impact comprehensively.
2) Where are your program's SLOs published?
Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure URL, if available online:
UHM Catalog. Page Number:
Course Syllabi. URL, if available online:
Other: These will be listed on the Shidler College web site, by the end of the Fall 09 Semester
3) Upload your program's current curriculum map(s) as a PDF.
4) What percentage of courses have the course SLOs explicitly stated on the course syllabus, department website, or other publicly available document? (Check one)
5) State the SLO(s) that was Assessed, Targeted, or Studied
Assessment for the International Business major will be done beginning Fall 2009
6) State the Assessment Question(s) and/or Goal(s) of Assessment Activity
7) State the Type(s) of Evidence Gathered
Evidence will include papers, tests, quizzes, projects and other course assignments, and are individually determined by the faculty member teaching the course in which assessment is conducted
8) State How the Evidence was Interpreted, Evaluated, or Analyzed
9) State How Many Pieces of Evidence Were Collected
10) Summarize the Actual Results
11) Briefly Describe the Distribution and Discussion of Results
12) Describe Conclusions and Discoveries
13) Use of Results/Program Modifications: State How the Program Used the Results --or-- Explain Planned Use of Results
14) Reflect on the Assessment Process
15) Other Important Information